Sunday, February 13, 2011

Well, I have been sick all week, so I didn't have much energy to be on the computer, much less think of what I would like to write on my blog!!! I read something out of a book I am using with my devotions ("The Frazzled Female") and it just struck me, so I would like to share it with you.

"It requires faith to be joyful when you don't feel the joy. Life on earth is like that. Sometimes you just don't 'feel' happy. But Paul encourages us to remember what we were taught and to continue to overflow with thanksgiving. "

Wow! Do you always overflow with thanksgiving, especially when things are rough and not going your way? I wish I could say "Yes, I do!" But that would be far from the truth. We lose sight so quickly when we think things should be a certain way, but God has other things in mind. This one devotional is talking about thirsting for Christ and being attracted to Him. Sometimes we can become so distracted and things (even good things) can take our focus from the Lord. If you are able to get this book, I would encourage it! I received it as a gift for Christmas, and am still on the first week, but it is really good!

I will admit I am a frazzled female, at times, with all these responsibilities, but I am noticing that when I put God first, everything else falls into place and it becomes easier to do all the things required of me. When I let everything else crowd in first, I lose focus so easily! Soooo...the glass half-full lesson out of this one is to keep remembering that God is first and above all else in my life, and, in doing so, He will make it easier for me to handle all other things that so easily take my focus!!!

Next week my devotions are going to be about how negative attitudes can shift our focus from our relationship with God to our feelings about ourselves and others. Stay tuned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment