Monday, February 21, 2011

My kids are off for a week of February vacation, and I plan to make it a fun one! We are (hopefully) going to use our gift card to the new Cracker Barrell in Portland (the kids have been bugging us since Christmas to go)...I think Gram Cracker would've been so excited to know a Cracker Barrell was so close! ;) On Thursday we are going to visit my grandparents, which they always enjoy!

My plan is to just enjoy being with my kids...we can't spend alot of money and go to lots of fun places, but we can make lots of fun and loving memories! I read this on a friend's facebook status, and it is going to be my "mantra" for the week...if I can give my kids anything, I want it to be this (not tons of stuff and memories of expensive places):

"To a child, a parent's unconditional love serves as a representation of every other kind of love, including God's love. Parental love should be demonstrated with deeds, not just announced with words. Thoughtful parents demonstrate their love by giving their kids heaping helpings of prayer, time, attention, discipline, protection and nurturing!"

I will pray the Lord helps us all this week (who have kids or are involved in the lives of kids) to use this to be a catalyst to help your kids be the best they can be! It all starts with us! Have a great week, everyone, and enjoy your break, if you get one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment